GlossyBox March – Harrods Edition
I hope you’re having a good start to the week!
So today I finally received the eagerly anticipated “Harrods Edition” of this month’s GlossyBox! I’ve read mixed reviews about this box, so I really wanted to see it in person and determine how I feel about it.
Since I had already seen some posts about March’s GlossyBox I knew what to expect when it came to the packaging. A sleek white, “glossy” box with GlossyBox’s trademark logo stamped in the centre, and Harrods’s signature printed just below. I’ve come to really enjoy reusing these boxes, once I’ve emptied the contents! They make for some fab make up storage and I like that I’ve had a range of colours so far!
Anyway on to the products..
This is what I received in my Harrod’s Edition GlossyBox.
1) VERSACE – VANITAS VERSACE EAU DE PARFUM - The Versace perfume is really nicely scented, and this is actually a smell I’d normally go for but it would have been nice to have received some more beauty/makeup products.
2) BLISS – BLOOD ORANGE AND WHITE PEPPER BODY BUTTER - I had never really considered Bliss as a “luxury” product, so I was a bit surprised when I received this Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter in my box. Despite the ingredients in the name (to me it sounded like a bit of a strange combination), it’s actually just a light orangey fragrance which is always nice and refreshing!
3) RÉVIVE – INTENSITÉ CRÈME LUSTRE SPF30 - Lately we’ve been experiencing more sunshine, so I have been looking into purchasing a moisturiser which provides SPF so I’m keen to try out Révive’s moisturiser. It feels light and non greasy, but I’ve yet to try it out properly so I’ll keep you all posted!
4) LANCÔME – TEINT MIRACLE FOUNDATION - Lancôme’s Teint Miracle foundation is a surprisingly good match to my skin tone (I figured I might have been too dark for this). I’ve heard some really nice things about this foundation, and had thought about trying it for a while so it’s all worked out quite well!
5) CLARINS – EXTRA FIRMING BODY CREAM - Lastly I received yet another Clarins product – the ‘Extra Firming Body Cream’. As much as I appreciate that Clarins is considered a higher end product, it would have been nice to have received something different! I’ll still give it equal opportunity though because to be fair the other 2 Clarins products I received were face creams – ‘Extra Firming Day and Night Cream’ which I received in my January GlossyBox (see here)
Out of all the products, I’m really happy to have received the Lancôme Teint Miracle foundation and the Révive Intensité Crème Lustre SPF30! Overall I’m content with what I’ve received, but I can see why this box has been a little over-hyped. There are definitely some products which I would have preferred such as the Burberry Lipstick or the SKII Skin Signature moisturiser. I do look forward to seeing what next month has in store, and I hope it’s going to be more of a variety of products! I have been looking into other subscriptions though, just to keep my options open!
So what are your thoughts on this month’s box? Any products you like/dislike?
Love Sophia xo