GlossyBox April – The Natural Box
Are you all having a nice weekend? So lovely that we’ve got an extra day off on Monday! 3 day weekends are the best weekends!
So today’s post is all about April’s GlossyBox! I know you will have already seen plenty of reviews on this month’s box, but thought I’d give you my review too. 🙂
It feels like such a long time ago since I received a GlossyBox! Nonetheless, I came home the other week to find a mysterious box waiting for me in my room. I initially hadn’t realised it was my GlossyBox as it came in a regular parcel box rather than the usual GlossyBox packaging but when I got over the initial confusion, I proceeded to excitedly unwrap the box! To celebrate Earth Month, April’s GlossyBox was packaged in a recycled paper box. I love the texture of the box and it’s great that it was made using recycled materials, it’s all the little things that will help the world in the long run right?
Inside the products are neatly wrapped as always with a ribbon tied around the package. The ribbon this month was made of cotton which is also a nice touch and stays true to the theme.
Having already seen several reviews floating around on the web, I was keen to find out what I received! Sadly the hype was a tad short lived…
I know there’s always a variety of boxes each month, but I couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed with mine. 🙁 All the reviews I’ve read so far featured a full sized bottle of something (Anyuuri Body Wash or Burt’s Bees – Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion) so I was sad to see that my box didn’t have either.
Here’s what I did get though:
1) CAUDALIE – VINOSOURCE SOS THIRST-QUENCHING SERUM – I’m intrigued to use this serum as Caudalie is a brand which I’ve heard many good things about! The serum is lovely and light, and the tiniest bit goes such a long way.
2) INIKA COSMETICS – CERTIFIED ORGANIC EYELINER – I received the colour 10 Green Lagoon which is a lovely metallic green. Green is one of my favourite colours so I’m pleased I got this one in my box! It has a very creamy texture which makes for smooth application on the eye.
3) MONU PROFESSIONAL SKINCARE – ENRICHED BODY CREAM – This body cream has ‘Marine Collagen and Vitamins A, E and B5’ so an all over enriching body cream. The scent is orangey/cirusey which is lovely, but I’m not overly excited since I have already received several body creams from past GlossyBoxes.
4) FIGS AND ROUGE – LIP BALM – The flavour is Peppermint and Tea Tree. Peppermint is more apparent than Tea Tree, but this is certainly a lip balm which I’ll make good use of. I like to make sure that I’ve got a lip balm in every hand bag as I can’t bear dry lips, so this will come in handy.
5) PHILIP B – DROP DEAD STRAIGHTENING BALM – I do already have straight hair, so it’ll be interesting to see how much straighter this will make my locks. It has a very discreet scent which will be nice when using as I’m not overly keen on overwhelming hair products.
Overall I’m the most impressed with the Caudalie serum and the Inika Eyeliner! The rest of the products are so so and I was expecting a bit more.
So what are your thoughts on April’s GlossyBox? What are your favourite products?
Love Sophia xo