I know I’m a bit behind with this post, but I wanted to give you my overview of this month’s GlossyBox anyway! It will actually be my last GlossyBox post as I have now unsubscribed from the service..
So my June GlossyBox turned up earlier than I had expected and as always I tore away at the packaging to reveal what was in store for this month. Sadly, I was underwhelmed yet again .
Here’s what was inside my box:
1) GLOSSYBOX SERIE EXCLUSIV PRO BEAUTY BRUSH – “This classic series natural goat hair blush brush gives a super-soft make-up application.”
This brush reminds me of a paint brush. The bristles are not the softest and it’s all quite stiff, so needless to say I won’t be using this on my face. This also counted as one of the “samples” too which I wasn’t expecting..
2) HD BROWS – HD BROWS PRECISION TWEEZERS – “For eyebrow maintenance at home or on the go, HD Brows Precision Tweezers are a must for every girl’s make-up bag.”
These tweezers were the highlight of the entire box for me. It’s always nice to have a spare pair of tweezers, and it is of reasonable quality. However these won’t be replacing my Tweezermans anytime soon though.
3) BM BEAUTY – SUMMER WARMTH BRONZER – “Multi-purpose pure-mineral bronzer. Add a touch of summer warmth to your face.”
I don’t really use bronzer, so I intend to use this as an eyeshadow instead. It’s a bit messy tho, and I managed to get the bronzer all over me just trying to swatch it!
4) CAUDALIE – EAUX FRAICHES – “Refresh your senses with these invigorating and energising fragrances.”
This scent is a mix of Grapefruit, Tangerine, Cedar which sound lovely, but is much too overpowering for my taste. My mum has taken a liking to it though so I’ve given it to her.
5) VICHY – DERMABLEND ULTRA-CORRECTIVE FOUNDATION CREAMSTICK – “Vichy’s expert camouflage foundation stick for minor to severe skin flaws.”
I was quite excited by this at first, because I’d seen a few reviews about the Vichy Foundation Creamstick but the description is very misleading because you don’t get an actual creamstick.. It’s actually a starter kit sheet with 6 sample shades. I will probably play around with the shades to find a match for my skin when I’ve got time on hand.
So there you have it, my very last GlossyBox post! I have now signed up to the Jolie Box having heard some very positive reviews, so fingers crossed it works out better! I’m not sure if I will continue with these Beauty Box type posts as I have noticed they are repetitive. If anyone would like me to still continue with them though, please let me know! Maybe I’ll just showcase the boxes that I really love instead of every box each month!
Any GlossyBox subscribers still out there? What are your thoughts on this month’s box?
Love Sophia xo