Favourite Makeup Products 2012
Since it’s a new year and I know there’s going to be SO MANY new makeup products to play with, I thought it was about time to round up some of my top favourite products from 2012! I’ve decided to separate my favourites into 2 posts. This post is on my favourite makeup products 2012 and the second part will be on my favourite skin, hair and body care products, but first let’s get started on makeup!
Stila cosmetics have got a huge vote from me in this category! I only discovered their Stay All Day Waterproof eyeliner in the last few months, but it quickly became a huge favourite of mine and has been my go to eyeliner ever since! No smudging, no mess and the felt tip applicator draws clean cut lines to create the perfect cat eye! I absolutely love it! Stila’s In The Moment eyeshadow palette has also been a real favourite of mine. The colours are pigmented and long lasting even without an eyeshadow primer! For want of some neutral colours, I’ve been alternating this palette with the Urban Decay Naked Palette (the first one). It’s one of the best palettes for creating smoky eye looks and my favourite colours have been Half Baked, Smog and Darkhorse! In 2012 I didn’t really go through many mascaras and my only favourite has been Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill mascara! It really lengthens my lashes, gives them volume and holds the curl so well!
I’m not an everyday foundation wearer so foundation for me normally lasts quite a while! Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation was actually one of the first products I reviewed, but still remains a favourite of mine until now. It just gives me the perfect amount of coverage, with a semi matte finish and never looks too overdone. It can take me easily from day to night with limited transferring and keeps my T-Zone at bay. Chanel’s Soleil Tan De Chanel in Bronze Corail is still the best blusher/bronzer combo for me. It just gives the most natural glow and really accentuates my cheek bones. Depsite using it a lot, especally in the summer I haven’t even slightly hit pan yet! It was a limited edition compact though so I probably won’t be able to find it again. 🙁 It’s probably best I savour as much product as I possibly can!
I have accumulated so many lip products this year! Balms, stains, lipsticks you name it and I’ve probably got it! My favourite lip balm is of 2012 though has to be Burt’s Bees Beeswax lip balm. I love the minty flavour and the tingly sensation it gives when applied. It keeps my lips really moisturised and smooth so I make sure I’m never without it. I had quite a few favourite lipsticks in 2012 but I’ve managed to narrow it down to just the top 3 and they are:
1. Rimmel Moisture Renew Nude Delight – The perfect nude lipstick which doesn’t make you look completely lifeless! The formula is long wearing, moisturising (as suggested by the name) and it’s my most reached for lipstick when I’m looking for something subtle.
2. L’Oreal Rouge Caress Lovely Rose – Lovely Rose is such a wearable shade! It’s a cheeky candy pink colour which actually applies like a lip balm more than a lipstick, but very lovely all the same. Lovely Rose keeps my lips hydrated, is reasonably long wearing and gives my lips a fun pop of colour.
3. Living Nature Summer Rain – This is another pinky shade, but more toned down and a little bit more lady like! Summer Rain compliments my skin tone quite well and looks pretty for both day and night time wear. However the best thing about this lipstick is that it’s made from all natural products! 🙂
Oo now on to nail polishes! Again I had a LOT of favourites, but my top 3 favourites would have to be:
1. Chanel Malice – As soon as I saw this lush shimmery, vampy rouge I was mesmerised. By far one of the prettiest nail polishes I have in my collection!
2. Models Own Ibiza Mix – This is such a great party shade! Definitely best applied over a base colour, my favourite combination was this and Topshop’s Water Lily nail polish!
3. OPI Unfor-Greta-Bly Blue – I really fell head over heels for this shade! I’ll be writing a proper review soon with swatches, but all I have to say now is that OPI nail polishes are well worth the money! Anyway, more on this shade soon!
So that’s a wrap for part one! The second part – My favourite skin, hair and body care products 2012 will be coming up soon!
What were your favourite makeup products of 2012?
Love Sophia xo